Tuesday, August 21, 2007

12 x 12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Everyone knows I'm not the hugest fan of cheap shiznit. It has long been my philosophy that I'd much rather have one really nice cashmere sweater (lets say vince or ralph lauren for all of you commoners) that I can keep for years and years than spend money on shitloads of disposable clothing.

A) bad for the enviro
B) acrylic piles like a bitch
C) It just isn't attractive



But I also really enjoy indulging in the small accents of trend. I don't believe in turning all skull-tastic when that is in style but I sure loved the Alexander McQueen scarf. You get my drift (or maybe you don't)?

Anyhow, I have equated this expensive investments are often worth it--you pay for what you get philosophy into a metaphor for life, or at least demographics.

One of my biggest beafs with the state of Texas was that the entire time I was there I just felt like people had no concept of quality versus quantity. They'd rather have a wardrobe full of Mossimo rather than a good pair of Seven jeans. Stupidity with a capital S.

I just think there is something to be said about people raised with that mentality that less is not more. When its cashmere, more is better. Trust me, cheap cashmere is about as good as sushi from the supermarket.

These same people do my other least favorite practice: argue over the check. I HATE NICKEL AND DIMERS. But that is a whole nother posting.

So.... living here in the big apple I have become broker than ever. And I have started to try to buy the trendy pieces on a budget. Sometimes that means Buffalo Exchange (again, another posting) and sometimes *gasp* that has meant H&M or Forever 21.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was/am so pleased by this new collection that is *expensive* (aka still cheaper than the Gap) from Forever 21: Twelve by Twelve.

Organized by cute names (Mystical Forest---LOVE IT!) I am in love with these pieces. I have ordered a few, including the cute optical number from up above. Yep, I just wrote number.

They haven't arrived yet but should they have 1/4 the quality that they appear to (fingers and toes crossed) I think I might have a way to get by until my sugar daddy emerges.

Ha.

No comments: