Monday, October 29, 2007

*bang camaro, piano bar + limelight


So.... sorry invisibles that I have been away for over 24 hours. I have been absorbing Boston. I went to the piano bar in my hotel on Friday night (totally lame I know...even lamer they had a chick dressed up like the girl in Hairspray singing songs with a cheesy guy playing the piano). Yah.

I met up with some old friends and made some new friends who I ended up going to an ultra karaoke place with, Limelight. It wasn't like the Limelight in the good old NYC days--at all. But we had a blast. The best was this guy from the Rock Opera's rendition of I believe in a thing called love...just listen to the rhythm of my heart. Remember that song?

The worst--a bunch of homegirls trying to sing Mary J.

Anyhow, some of the guys I met are in this band, Bang Camaro. They are like a football field strong and kind of hard but I am sure they put on a good show. I am going to check them out in NYC the next time they are here.

A couple of their friends were awesome. I honestly don't think I've laughed like I did with them in years.

I also met up with my friend Jeff and his Harvard Biz School friends with Aleeza on Saturday. Hmmm. This was a highly disturbing event in more ways than one so I am going to ponder it and over analyze it more and I'll get back to you with more details on it tomorrow.

My findings [aka overused generalizations] about Boston are as follows.

  • Food service is piss poor at best.
  • Newbury street is awesome.
  • Marc Jacobs store still looks cuter on Bleecker.
  • Boston guys will tell a girl she's hot a 100 times and it is kind of nice to hear it.
  • Karaoke is better when the people can actually sing.
  • The Theatre district is kind of scary at night.
  • Cambridge is awesome if you're with the right crowd.
  • ...that crowd isn't HBS kids.
  • Boston is seriously kicking ass in multiple sports.
  • Tom Brady is hot.
  • They love him.
  • MFA is pretty cool.
  • Wentworth is a college. I didn't believe you, Ab,but it turns out you didn't lie...about everything.
  • The food in Boston sucks.
  • So do the oysters. Shock. Yes, I said it.
  • The mussles aren't that bad.
Ok, this is all I got for tonight on this thoughtful stuff. More soon. xoxo

No comments: