Friday, November 30, 2007

CocoMyles :: custom clothing, not that bad

I am really wary of websites or stores that tell you that you can dye your own shoes or create your own dress. I think 9 times out of 10 or maybe 10 times out of 10 designers are designers for a reason, even the thieving ones at Forever 21, so you should just go with the compliations that they have made and not try to do your own thing.

CocoMyles is one of such sites. It allows members to choose a bodice for their custom dress, then a bottom and then a variety of fabrics, colors, sashes, beads, etc. I found about them from the great site Bloggy Giveaways.

Obviously this can get ugly. I can just see Pageant moms or people who live in Kentucky having a field day with this and end up looking like Swarovski encrusted pinatas.

However, I must admit that I really loved their celebrity inspired pieces. I am NOT one for knock offs and these might look super cheesy in person but the principle and the way that they are simple lines and clean colors, I really like!

I'm especially loving the Bradgelina (in grey or eggplant) and BlueBerry (in navy or red). Check them out.

Couture, it is not. But for simple dresses at super prices (most around $150), not that bad...

ps--site is annoyingly all flash (DONT PEOPLE REALIZE PEOPLE HATE THAT!?!) so I can't link to specific tabs. So you'll have to browse, if you dare!

No comments: