Monday, November 26, 2007

Vanessa from Gossip Girl --EEK!


There is something about this girl, I just can't get over. She reminds me of Ryan's maybe baby mama on the OC, the ghetto intruder here to try to mess things up. She just needs to f-off in my opinion. I really just don't like her. Everything from the wanna be hipster-boho fashion to the annoying mane. I just can't deal!

I started thinking about why I hate her so much...then I realized. She's the homewrecker from What about Brian that busted up his relationship with the lovely Krista Allen. As if!

The actress who plays her is Jessica Szohr [didn't someone tell her to change her last name pre-show business? obviously not. homegirl--fire your agent]. This week she coughs up a reason for why Vanessa is such a loser:

"In the book, Vanessa was very gothic, always in black, with piercings and when we started the show, they wanted to make her kind of Lower East Side ... tight skinny jeans, high-tops, and things like that," Szohr explained. "I had just moved here so I wasn't aware of the neighborhoods, so when I was doing homework for my character, I went to the Lower East Side."

Gotta love that research.

No comments: