Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 redux

So here is how you do this----everything in bold you should fill out yourselves. Make sure you do one and post your link in the comments. I know you're invisible, aka, there is no one here, but just in case anyone happens to read...I'd love to hear about your 2007.

My 2007 in a word: changing

In 2007, I gained a couple of new life-long friends (Yvette, Marie, Maria, I love you), a new perspective, a new hope.
I lost a few pounds, a boyfriend, my regrets.
I stopped smoking. No more.
I started to believe that I deserve to be truly happy.
I was hugely satisfied by my decision to move to New York.
And frustrated by the change in actions of my best friend.
I am so embarrassed that I still got drunk to the point of making an ass of myself, more than once, none of that in 08. Also, embarrassed that I really liked a married man. Sigh.
Once again, I broke my smoking ban, then reinstated it, then broke it, then....
Once again, I did not fall in love, save money.
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is I am getting in much better shape, ran my first race, and fell in love with yoga.
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this
December is I actually love myself.
I loved spending time Yvette.
Why did I spend even two minutes with someone who couldn't ever be with me?
I should have spent more time at museums, galleries, and running.
I regret buying that horrible pair of red heels. Ha.
I will never regret buying more and more and more clothes even though with that money I could have bought a nice huge plasma tv.
I laughed and drank and ate way too much.
I didn’t travel enough.
The knowledge that I could be more drove me crazy.
Was life and global warming crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?
The most relaxing place I went was to an Irish wedding with Kieran, yes, I know...
I feel so at peace, grateful, full of love when I write that down.
Why did I go to Fatty Crab so many times at 3 a.m.?
The best thing I did for someone else was let them go.
The best thing I did for myself was clean out the closet, so to speak.
The best thing someone did for me was let me know that it would be possible to love someone again, give me true friendship, its a tie.
The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, is run a race, take a chance, go on a date.

No comments: