Thursday, December 27, 2007

life, love, the journey.

I think that this is the first time since leaving Asheville maybe ever that I have really missed it. He would totally throw up but I keep remembering that part of Sex and the City where Mr. Big leaves those two gifts for Carrie when he moves to Napa Valley and he leaves her 2 gifts---a record for when she gets lonely of their song and plane tickets for when he gets lonely. Sigh.

Yeah, ummm that isn't really relevant here other than so many parts of me want to be back there with him. I don't think I could EVER be happy living in Asheville...but I also don't know if I can be happy without living near him.

Better than this silly Sex and the City correlation, the other quote that comes to mind is one my mom used to tell me often.

"And the end of all our exploring. Will be to arrive where we started. And know the place for the first time."

T.S. Eliot, Little Gidding

That is how I feel. Home with him. We've been on a roller coaster of friendship for so many years, could he really be the person I've been looking for all along? Why can't I stop thinking about him? Sigh. What a Christmas break, I tell you.

No comments: