Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tionna weighs in on men who don't marry

This week Tionna weighs in on a subject that doesn't really have shit to do with me. I don't even have a boyfriend, so I don't need to worry about one who doesn't want to marry me [which, btw, men out there, if that ever happened I would NEVER understand it. I am a commitment phobe, so if it ever got to the point where I wanted to marry YOU you better damn well want to marry me, and preferably several years before I am ready to even consider marrying you].

Now that we have that clear, I just have to speak out on this for a moment. Women---I think sometimes the problem is that you want to marry a guy too early. Just because you are in a relationship and you are getting closer to 30 doesn't mean that you necessarily need to settle down. Let me clue you in--if you marry a guy super early chances are he will garner success later on and either cheat on you or divorce you or do the former then the latter. Trust me, I see it happen all the time.

The other problem is that we all tend to end up from time to time liking the men the most who like us the least. These type of guys aren't looking to commit to anyone--even you, if they love you, which they might very well. The worst thing you can do is ever try to force someone who isn't ready into doing something they aren't ready for.

Then there are the men who say they just don't want to get married. Ahem. I am going to call bullshit on 99% of this. Unless they are Brad Pitt w/ Angelina Jolie, I just don't buy it. This is an excuse. Accept it for what it is and move on. They will end up married, I guarantee you, just not to you.

Ultimately, I think that what Tionna says is true...if the guy REALLY loves you then he will do what will make you happy, and if marrying you is what that is, then he will do it.

Just make sure you aren't coercing him.

My pick for Tionna highlight of the week:


This really isn't a HUGE problem because lots of people always say stuff that they will never do until the fire is under their ass and then they change their mind, you feel me? I think you should make it clear to him that you do believe in marriage and don't plan on being just some man's girlfriend for the rest of your life but don't sound too desperate (because that is a turn off). I think if he is as great of a man as you say he is, he will understand your views about this and marry you because I really feel like a man who loves you would do anything to make you happy—seriously.

No comments: