Sunday, January 20, 2008

good old retail therapy


In this month, I am losing my best friend to an unworthy man. Losing my roommate who is my best friend to the same unworthy man. Even though I am technically losing just one person, it feels like I am losing two.

I've been angry with her for totally ditching me for this guy for like 5 months now, yep, they've only been dating that long and she is moving in with him (don't get me fucking started)...but the truth is that it doesn't matter how angry I am, I am more hurt. She is breaking my heart.

I haven't seen her for longer than 5 minutes in 3 weeks. She moves out sometime between now and the 1st.

Yvette is moving in and I love her. I'm so excited...She is a ball of energy, smart, talented, a good friend and I LOVE her...but I still can't help mourning the chapter of my life and my friendship with A that seems to be, well, ending.

On top of it all I saw my ex today. I had his jeans. I had to return them. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

It is 15 degrees outside. Instead of going shopping outside, I am on ebay, beating out potential bidders one by one, as if beating them is liberating me and helping heal the hurt.

Delusional? YES! But for some reason it feels damn good.

Next up? This awesome Inhabit Cashmere Sweater (pictured above). I just got it for $30.95! It retails for $378. I really love super deals.....and moments where I just get swept away in the happiness of a good deal and forget the unhappiness of saying goodbye.

No comments: