Thursday, January 17, 2008

I want Chuck Bass' scarf

God I wish I had a boyfriend. I don't know if I can afford this, but I damn sure want it.

Via the New York Times:

There’s plenty of online excitement about trying to pinpoint the fashion pieces worn by the Gossip Girls. If you ask us, one the best-dressed characters is Chuck Bass. Do you remember his trench-coat departure scene? Chuck’s signature item is a patchwork polka-dot silk scarf. The Moment has learned that it is made by J. Press, the fusty, 106-year-old men’s store where the scarf sells for $175. According to the J. Press spokesman: “They have been around for a few seasons. It’s made from the silk remnants created during our tie making. No one really paid much attention to them and they weren’t really selling. At some point a costume designer stumbled upon it at the J. Press store and included the scarf in the show’s wardrobe. When ‘Gossip Girl’ started to air, people came out of the woodwork looking for them — they have become some sort of power scarf. They sold out fast, but J. Press found some extra units in the Long Island City warehouse and had them sent to the Madison Avenue shop. They are available only by phone” — call (212) 687-7642 — “from the J. Press store in Manhattan.” Wait, did he just say “power scarf”?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the 411.
Now I can be just as big a douchebag as Chuck Bass.
I've already got mine on hold.

xoxo,
Gossip Boy

Anonymous said...

but i want it cause im in love with chuck bass
but i live in sydney
how do i do it??
paige xoxo

zumez said...

i have mine its amazing i have got so many complements on it and one person while walkin downtown came up to me yellin chuck haaha

xoxo zumez

briantuft@gmail.com said...

I wore mine to this sunsilk event where I met Leighton Meester (who plays Blair), and she like totally loved it. She grabbed it and says "You're wearing Chuck's scarf!" It was very exciting. But, it's amazing. Everyone loves it. Totally worth $175.

Anonymous said...

hey there,
i love this scarf. where am i able to purchase it from?

Anonymous said...

i have the scarf if anyone is interested let me know. my email is hongstorm@hotmail.com thanks

Alexander Fletcher said...

Dear Chuck Bass lovers, we bet you all recognise the classic Chuck Bass scarf:

http://thestyleadvisor.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/chuckbassscarf.jpg


As we all know, the price at J.Press (currently out of stock) for the scarf was raised to 250 dollars since it appeared on the show. We have recieved 10 copies of the scarf for promotional purposes. They are made in China through the forging of various ties (just like the one Chuck Bass wore) and is made entirely in silk.

If you are interested. Please contact us. We will provide you with pictures or anything else you need. The price will land at more than half the original.


alexander.fletcher@city.vrg.se


xoxo,

Alexander Fletcher

Anonymous said...

Chuck bass scarf! Christmas special!!! Great winter discount only 99 USD http://ebayitem.com/250744607190 Only available a limited time!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to
help with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
Thank you!

Take a look at my page: how to lose weight fast