Wednesday, February 20, 2008

times to go, times to stay.

(phone buzzes on desk)

  • Me: Hi Daddy!
  • Dad: Hi Sarah, What are you doing?
  • Me: Blogging on Tumblr when I should be working
  • Dad: Laughs. Sigh. Pause.
  • Me: Daddy whats wrong?
  • Dad: You know how I have always told you that in life you have to know when to go and when to stay and trust that life allows you to do both when it is best?
  • Me: Yes.
  • Dad: Your grandmother left this morning.
  • Me: (tears swell). I'm sorry dad.
  • Dad: She died earlier this morning in the ER. She wanted to be with your grandfather. It was time. It was time for her to go.
  • Me: I'm so sorry daddy.
  • Dad: Its ok, I know she is happy, at peace. That is all you can ever want for someone you love ,for them to be at peace, in life and in death.

No comments: