Tuesday, January 8, 2008

a long-winded reply.

I was so glad she wrote me back that I think I might have gone slightly overboard.

I have major diarrhea of the mouth here and ramble about god knows what.

I am starting to become skeptical of if this is really going to materialize yet I can't shake the feeling that I really hope it does.

On Jan 8, 2008 7:15 PM, REDACTED wrote:
Hi REDACTED,
I'm glad I wrote again. I wasn't sure and didn't want to bother you...but Gmail can be tricky and annoying. Sometimes I love the conversation element (the way it groups together) and other times I feel like I miss a lot.
As for REDACTED, I think hedgefunds in general suck you in. I think that applies across the board and it really doesnt matter what your role is. I really think the financial world is super intense in general. So draining and stressful. I'm glad I dont have to worry about that. I have so many friends in that world who have a love/hate relationship with their jobs in that field. I guess you know, working at Citibank right?
I really love NY. I honestly cant believe it took me this long to get here. Austin, Texas is a great city. I moved there on a whim post graduate school (I can be impulsive at times) because I heard it was a really fun city to live in. I'd visited a few times and decided to give it a shot. I lived there for a little over 2 years and loved it. It is such an awesome place for music. I really love going to see live music (the small shows in bars/lounges/small venues) and got to see a ton of it there. I also loved the lakes. I had a boat there and went on the water a lot, jet skiing and boating. It was just a beautiful place to live.
However, it is a college town at heart and you get burned out easily. I remember looking at my group of friends and realizing that I didn't want to have some of their lives (38 still single, partying it up with the 21 year olds on the lake). I just knew that I wanted more for my life than that career wise. So I decided to move here.
I lived here during undergraduate in Astoria and promised myself I'd come back someday. The West Village is amazing. I really love the smally tiny restaurants and low key bars/lounges. It just really feels like a neighborhood, if that makes sense?
I'm so jealous that you went to NYU! I went to Indiana (undergrad) UNC (grad) both schools in small college towns. I almost came here, I would have liked it much better I think. I love the East Village, as well. So much character. There is an italian place I go to, Max's, over there a lot...and Momofuku of course as well.
So what part of Brooklyn are you in? I go over to some restaurants in Park Slope and Williamsburg sometimes but that is about the extent of it besides the Botanical Gardens. My best friend is moving out of our apartment to move in with her boyfriend out there (long story, bad idea) so maybe I'll be visiting out there more. We shall see :)

Sometimes women get men in their lives and forget their friends, I'm sure you've seen that happen 100 times.
I just realized how much I wrote about my life, sorry I'm such a rambler.
So, how did you meet your husband? How long have you been married? Where did you grow up?

Feel free to not answer any of those if you'd like :)
As for REDACTED....However it ends up working out easiest for you is great, thanks for keeping me posted. I'm in town until February when I'm gone for a week, so I'll be around. I really look forward to meeting him. It is so strange to wonder what a person is like in person and have no idea.It is so interesting and suspenseful and strange all at the same time.:)
Hope you had a great weekend,
Sarah

No comments: