Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the reject line.

I was just going back through some of the replies, etc. from this crazy game of craig's super crazy list that I chose to share here and I realize that the guy from my 'superficiality' posting never wrote me back. Weird because he saw my picture prior to me seeing his and my response was normal so why abandon the ship?

I think maybe some of these men just do it to do it with no real intention of anything ever materializing. Or perhaps they are so used to spam that they just assume that nothing is genuine? But if that is the case, why even bother replying? I'm so confused...

Perhaps the real question is, after me simply pressing the delete key to dismiss so many potential suitors (although many without any potential to even be a potential) why does it bother me even the slightest that I got rejected in turn?

It truly is par for the course, is it not?

Life and relationships and dating is all a series of rejections. I reject him, he rejects her, he rejects her again, I go back to him he rejects me. It is all some cycle of rejection until you meet someone who doesn't make you want to keep pushing people around in search of the right one. The guy that makes it easier to say 'stay' rather than 'leave.'

No comments: